Doors are sometimes the first part of a car’s outer body to have a dent. This is due to forceful slamming, rigged hinges, dirt, and more. This is why door edge guards are recommended for vehicle owners.
Door edge guards protect the edges of car doors from scratches, chips, and other damage caused by accidental impacts. You can purchase door edge guards from a vehicle accessory store and learn how to apply them yourself. It can also be applied to your vehicle at the nearest filling station for a small fee.
Here are the steps to use door edge guards:
- Clean the door edge thoroughly with a clean, damp cloth to remove any dirt, grime, or debris.
- Dry the door edge with a clean towel to ensure that it is scorched before applying the door edge guard.
- Take the door edge guard out of its packaging and measure it against the door edge to ensure that it fits properly.
- Peel off the adhesive backing from the door edge guard, exposing the sticky surface.
- Carefully align the door edge guard with the edge of the door, making sure that it is straight and centered.
- Press down firmly on the door edge guard to ensure that it adheres properly to the door edge.
- Smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles that may have formed during installation.
- Allow the door edge guard to set for a few hours before closing the door or using the car.
It is important to note that door edge guards come in different sizes, shapes, and materials, so it’s essential to choose the right one for your car model and door edge. Additionally, regular maintenance of the door edge guard can help to prolong its lifespan and ensure that it continues to provide adequate protection for your car door.